Friday, January 6, 2017

My First Lindy hop Video: You've come a long way baby!




I actually like this short footage.  This was the first video I ever had of me recording myself Lindy hopping. I am usually my worst critic, asking myself were you easy to lead, and even more so I always worry if I look "fat" in the video, but heck I am. Lol! But honestly this time around I felt a bit relieved that I just did my thing and did not worry about my size and focused just my simple skill set. And for a novice I don't think I looked so bad. I looked down to much out of uncertainty. After all, at least a year before I could hardly figure out simple routines and certainly did not have the stamina to maintain if I could. So the weight loss had begun to work and this short dance clip show me that I had come very far and at the same time I looked forward to where I could go! My kicks are better and I also don't just drop my arm any more. I have a little more polished style. Well I think anyway! lol I thank my dance instructor Samuel Coleman for persistent reminders about practicing and going out social dancing. His field trips helped many of us get used to social dancing. 

1 comment:

Thanks for your commentary!